John McCain Presents Presidential Award to Mr. Len Kaine
Senator John McCain pins the "President's Life Time
Achievement Award for Volunteer Service" on
, President of the
Golden Rule Society
The award was presented during the 50th Anniversary of the US Navy's Carrier Combat Pilot's Association in
(September 2006). Senator McCain was the guest speaker for over 3,350 attendees at this annual convention.
The Focus is making for a better world.
Our philosophy is simple...
better the lives of others is your life's greatest
which makes the rest of your life the best of your life.”
A commendable aspect to the
GRS business model is that 100% of the funds raised by the organization help children and non-profit beneficiaries. In fact, in the four decades since the
GRS began more than three million lives are estimated to have been touched and improved by the very generous outreach programs offered by the
About the President of the
During the Vietnam War both Senator McCain and Mr. Kaine were Navy pilots flying combat missions over
. Kaine is a retired Navy Captain with over 100 combat missions.
He has two Distinguished Flying Crosses, seven combat Air Medals plus a number other Navy awards to his credit.
During his second career, as an airline pilot, Kaine founded and took the helm of the GRS in 1972. His first major fund-raising program substantially benefited POW/MIA families. Kaine has been at the epicenter of many highly successful programs and activities benefiting children in all 50 States and 15 other countries. His exuberance, innovation, and hard work have not gone unnoticed:
1. Kaine's 2014 Nobel Peace Prize nomination was submitted by USA Congressman Scott Peters, Representing California’s 52nd District.
(He was One of 150+ individuals nominated worldwide and was a Runner-Up for the Award)
Click here for the Nomination: Len Kaine Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
Kaine's 2003 Nobel Peace Prize nomination was submitted by
's State Assembly Leader.
2005 Volunteer Service Award; Gold Medal and Citation for his charity work—2005
Department of Veteran Affairs awarded him the 2010
Veteran of the Year for the Golden Rule Society. It was one of eight awards from two Congressmen, a State Assemblywoman and four other Veterans Groups—2010
5. Selected as a motivational speaker for weekday blog-talk-radio broadcasts in the USA, sharing the Golden Rule Society philosophy to help make it a better world--- since 2011 through current date.
Conducted a national program called “Rebirth of America” (ROA) with the Reverend Jesse Epps, a partner of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Reverend Epps is the leader of “Neighbors Uniting American Families” (NUAF). The goal was to gather citizen’s signatures to support and benefit neighborhoods for peace and harmony throughout the USA and then the world---2013 & 2014.
7. As its president, Golden Rule Society was named the '
USA Charity of Choice’ to tell citizens of the
American Hero Card which benefits our Troops, Veterans and their families---2010
Spirit Award from International Committee of Kiwanis International—2003
9. Placed on the National Roll of Honor in
10. A California Excellence Award was presented by the Small Business Institute for Excellence for 2013.
The US Commerce Association’s Best of
Award for Charitable Institutions ---2009, 2011, 2013, 2014 & 2015.
Award" for his charity work from New Vision, Inc.—2001
12. Was a Contender for the "Extra Mile Award" in
(similar to the Hollywood Walk of Fame)—2005
13. Accolades and Letters of Commendation from 49 State Governors---2003
of Commendation from the Under Secretary of Defense (Director of Youth Activities) ----2002
You!” certificates from the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Chief of Naval Operations—2002
16. Multiple proclamations from the Mayor of Coronado, CA for Golden
Rule Society Week (Annual 4th of July event)
17. Recognized by a number of local and national newspaper articles for
Golden Rule Society’s many contributions.
18. Nominated for CNN’s 2011 Hero of the Year Award.
19. A top Contender for the 2014 Coronado Man of the Year Award.
20. Selected a Hero by the city of Coronado CA in the “Avenue of Heroes” program for his life saving combat fighter tactics over North Vietnam. He's in good company on the same avenue with General "Jimmy" Doolittle.
21. Len was named an Honorary Member of the National Committee of Star-Spangled America, and the Golden Rule Society is now a member of its National Coalition: 2015 https://vimeo.com/135083994
22. Len was selected as the 2016 Coronado California's CEO of the Year by “Corporate America-News”
“Since 1972 our Golden Rule Society
has been supporting our Troops, Veterans and their families.
During these difficult times, we have expanded our outreach, offering jobs as Independent Representatives to all Americans who want part time or full time work.
It's free to all who want or need extra income.
Churches and charities benefit by helping our job seekers.
And, the program provides our nation’s small and medium size business owners increased profits through greater exposure at a reduced cost.”
“Everyone wins”, added Kaine.
Proven Approach to Success in Life
all children should have an opportunity for a successful
life. GRS vastly improves their opportunities and their chances by sharing with the children, their parents, and relatives the wisdom and discipline of history’s most successful people.
GRS is teaching young adults how to make their hopes and dreams come true. And, Kaine adds, “It's a logical guarantee that children, of all ages, who take advantage of our program will be more successful in life!”